GcMAF: A Potential Anti-Cancer Therapy?
By Dr. David Jockers DC, MS, CSCS
December 11, 2017
Editor’s Note: This article first appeared in the Feb 2016 edition of TTAC’s Heroes Against Cancer member newsletter
What if scientists had already discovered and tested an effective cure for cancer and other chronic diseases? Do you think it would be celebrated and used to benefit patients all around the world… or do you think there may be an attempt to suppress the knowledge of such a treatment?
Could the medical doctors who have tested this and used it successfully even be in danger for their lives?
Over the past year, there have been media reports of alternative health doctors associated with a compound called GcMAF that have been found dead under mysterious circumstances. The cause of death in all of these cases has been somewhat suspicious and linked to sudden heart failure, suicide, etc. What’s a major cause for concern is that none of these doctors were showing any signs of mental or physical illnesses that would in any way lead those around them to anticipate a problem.
So what exactly is GcMAF – and why may it be a clue into the sudden deaths of these notable doctors?
GcMAF Naturally Occurs in Our Bodies
Globulin component Macrophage Activating Factor or GcMAF, is also called vitamin D-binding protein-derived macrophage activating factor. It is an endogenous (occurring within the body) glycosylated vitamin D binding regulatory protein present within the immune system. This naturally occurring protein is found in all healthy individuals, but is depleted in people with an improperly functioning immune system.
Excitingly, GcMAF immunotherapy has been shown to improve immune system function – and quite possibly, prevent and even reverse cancer.
The Mysterious Death of Dr. Jeff Bradstreet
Dr. Jeff Bradstreet was found dead three days after his clinic was raided by the FDA
Let’s consider the intriguing case of Dr. Jeff Bradstreet. Dr. Bradstreet received his science undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of South Florida and held a Florida medical license for over 30 years. In media reports, however, he is referred to as a “controversial” alternative medical practitioner.
His supporters assert that Dr. Bradstreet treated over 11,000 patients suffering from a number of different chronic illnesses (most notably autism) using experimental GcMAF immunotherapy.
In June 2015, Dr. Bradstreet’s clinic in Georgia was raided by the FDA. The search warrant allowed for the seizure of all GcMAF on the premises and related items and records. After the raid, Dr. Bradstreet fled town to a hotel near Lake Lure in North Carolina. If indicted, he would have faced up to 20 years in prison for practicing what the FDA would deem “unethical science.”
Dr. Bradstreet went to check into his hotel but the room was not ready. Hours later his body was found with a gunshot wound to the chest about three miles away in Chimney Rock, NC. A handgun was found nearby.
Police reported the death to be a suicide, but Dr. Bradstreet’s family and supporters are conducting their own private investigations, believing there is much more to the story than the official version from the authorities. They say he had shown no signs of depression or suicidal behavior, and many of them believe he was murdered for his knowledge of GcMAF therapy.
So let’s learn more about GcMAF, and why Dr. Bradstreet was such a strong advocate of this powerful therapy for children with autism, cancer patients, and many others suffering with chronic illnesses.
GcMAF Activation of Macrophages is Key for a Healthy Immune Response
Macrophages are white blood cells that protect the body from infection
GcMAF plays an important role in activating macrophages. Macrophages (from the Greek for “big eaters”) are white blood cells that literally swallow and digest cellular debris, foreign substances, bacteria, cancer cells, and anything else that does not have the “right” proteins to identify it as a healthy cell belonging to the body.
When GcMAF is depleted, the immune response becomes weak because macrophages are not being activated by GcMAF. Furthermore, our body’s tissues are not successfully repaired and homeostatic imbalance can occur from a lack of available macrophages.
Microglia are a very important type of macrophage located specifically in the spine and brain. They defend your immune system against threats to the central nervous system which cause trauma and represent a crucial first line of defense.
The Role of Vitamin D in GcMAF
Vitamin D is a group of fat-soluble hormones. In humans, the most important forms of this vitamin are vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) and vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol).
Vitamin D has essential responsibilities in the human body and helps to defend the immune system from chronic disease. The biological role which vitamin D plays in the human body is far more complex than our previous understanding. Interestingly, it has also recently been revealed to be influential in regulating GcMAF function.
Vitamin D is an Important Nutrient during Pregnancy
The ability of a baby to develop a strong defense system is influenced by environmental and genetic factors before birth. Vitamin D is critical during pregnancy in promoting a baby’s health and development.
The development of the central nervous system is largely influenced by vitamin D. For instance, the following neurobiological processes require vitamin D:
- Neuroprotection – the preservation of the central nervous system is required to prevent degeneration which can lead to disorders such as multiple sclerosis
- Neuroplasticity – required for emotional thinking and cognitive thought
- Neurogenesis – the process of creating new brain cells
Autism is a disorder significantly affected by immune dysfunction. According to Dr. Bradstreet, symptoms in children with autism and autism spectrum disorders were shown to improve following treatment with GcMAF to promote innate macrophage activity.
Vitamin D deficiency disrupts the proper development of the immune system, affecting the brain and the spinal cord and is therefore linked to the development of autism. In pregnant women, vitamin D3 has been shown to reduce the risk of infertility and miscarriages by reducing the autoimmune response from natural killer cells.
GcMAF Improves the Endocannabinoid System
An individual’s health is greatly influenced by the endocannabinoid system and its interaction with the immune system. The endocannabinoid system helps regulate homeostatic processes and is found in organs, glands, and immune cells located everywhere in the body. Individuals with autism have been reported to have altered endocannabinoid pathways and disrupted macrophage defenses. This problem leads to altered immune functioning.
Treating autistic children with GcMAF reportedly diminishes autistic symptoms and improves the endocannabinoid system. Factors required to stimulate macrophage activity are improved in autistic individuals when treated with GcMAF. This treatment has led to improved receptor activity and gene expression.
The endocannabinoid system helps regulate anxiety and mood. Along with cancer, the following diseases are also associated with improper functioning of the endocannabinoid system:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
Abnormal Enzyme Levels Indicate Immune Dysfunction
Alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase or nagalase is an enzyme found in increased levels in people with autoimmune-related complications. Elevated levels of nagalase is associated with an increased risk for lupus, autism spectrum disorders, vital infections such as HIV and AIDS, and many types of cancer.
In fact, nagalase has been shown to accumulate in the blood of cancer patients. Its activity shows a strong correlation with the total mass of tumor tissue present in a patient (known as “tumor burden”), as well as how aggressive the cancer is and how quickly it spreads.
Interestingly, cancer cells possibly activate nagalase which in turn blocks GcMAF production. Researchers and physicians alike assess the severity of tumors in patients by measuring levels of the nagalase enzyme.
Activation of macrophages (the white blood cells that destroy non-healthy cells) is inhibited by nagalase. Nagalase reduces GcMAF through immunosuppression pathways; as a result, the availability of active macrophages is decreased.
Nagalase Inhibits Synthesis of GcMAF
Nagalese produced by viruses, cancer cells, and bacteria can inhibit natural production of GcMAF, but not GcMAF injected into the body
Nagalase cannot stop an immune defense attack that is in the process of taking place. Fortunately, this enzyme also can’t minimize the effects of GcMAF already formed and stop cancer cells already detected from being destroyed.
Nagalase can inhibit the synthesis (production in the body) of GcMAF, but it cannot break down biologically identical GcMAF that is injected into the body or intravenously administered.
GcMAF Has Potent Antitumorigenic Properties
The administration of GcMAF to individuals with cancer in clinical studies has exhibited remarkable success. Studies report improvements including:
- A reduction in tumor receptors known to spread cancer
- The prevention of blood vessel growth needed for tumors to grow
- The ability to inhibit cancer cell growth
- Improved immune response from activated macrophages, lymphocyte availability, and an increased red blood cell and platelet count
Patients who were said to have “incurable” cancers and diseases were administered GcMAF as a weekly injection. Even at a late stage of the disease, anticancer immunotherapy was seen to be effective. Tumors reduced in size, nagalase activity decreased, and in some instances the cancer was completely eradicated after only six months of treatment.
Administering GcMAF to cancer patients with elevated levels of the nagalase enzyme was shown to lower enzymatic activity along with providing significant clinical benefits in a mixed group of patients with different types of cancers, generally considered incurable.
In most cases, GcMAF therapy was initiated at late stages of tumor progression. The nature of this study means that a cause-effect relationship between GcMAF administration and disease outcome cannot be established. However, some clear trends emerged. All 20 patients had a higher than normal nagalase activity. All patients except one showed a significant decrease in nagalase activity in response to weekly GcMAF injections.
Lower levels of nagalase activity was associated with improved clinical conditions. Importantly, no adverse side effects were reported. These results suggest that its worth exploring whether GcMAF is a potentially effective anticancer immunotherapy.
A wide variety of cancers were treated using the GcMAF treatment in clinical research as reported by Dr. Steve Hofman. These cancer types included:
- Cancers relating to the neck and head
- Bladder cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Follicular lymphoma
Macrophages Activated by GcMAF Destroy Tumor Cells
Up to 50% of monocytes (a type of white blood cell) and macrophages are concentrated in the spleen. It is observed that blood flow increases to the spleen and notable factors are found to stimulate the immune system following GcMAF treatment.
The proliferation of further cancer cells is not only inhibited, but macrophages inundate present tumors and began a process of active phagocytosis. This cellular “eating” process is activated by GcMAF in the presence of tumors. In other words, activated macrophages only exist in the company of cancer. Furthermore, macrophages activated by GcMAF are shown to increase programmed cellular death of cancer cells (apoptosis). This biological process only leaves behind remnants of cancer cell debris.
An in vitro analysis of GcMAF treatment shows that cancer cells are completely eradicated after only seven days. Clinical research is required to further establish the body’s natural abilities to use GcMAF in order to prevent and cure cancer. However, there is anecdotal evidence that supports the ability of GcMAF immunotherapy treatment to be effective.
Additional Supplements Function in Synergy with GcMAF
Consuming 10,000-20,000 IU of vitamin D3, along with oleic acid, is recommended during GcMAF treatment
The Immuno Biotech Treatment Centre reported clinical data that tumor volume can be lowered by an average of 25% following only one week of GcMAF therapy. Both diameter and cell thickness of tumors were reduced.
The Immunocentre of Europe proposes that GcMAF is effective in destroying cancerous cells immediately. GcMAF treatment can rebuild the health of the immune system in an individual from three weeks to a maximum of three months on average.
Certain supplements such as oleic acid and vitamin D3 have a synergistic effect and help to repair and rebuild a healthy immune response, helping to overcome chronic disease and cancer.
Oleic Acid – When GcMAF treatment is integrated with oleic acid supplementation, there is an increased immune system response sooner and a significant improvement in the reduction of tumors. Oleic acid is an integral component required for GcMAF synthesis.
Vitamin D3 – In order to repair and rebuild the immune system with GcMAF treatment, it is recommended to also consume 10,000- 20,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily with nutritional supplementation.
Where to Find GcMAF ImmunoTherapy
As expected, GcMAF immunotherapy is not available commercially in the U.S. and the FDA considers it an unapproved drug. This is one of the major reasons why Dr. Bradstreet’s clinic was raided by the FDA.
There are still some clinics that offer GcMAF immunotherapy, but due to obvious concerns, most don’t advertise this. A medical organization in Japan, called Saisei Mirai, has manufactured and tested both a serum form of GcMAF that is injected into the patient, along with an oral bovine colostrum form. Products can be purchased from their website.
Colostrum and GcMAF
Colostrum is a form of first milk produced in mammals (including humans) that contains high levels of immunoglobulins designed to help build the newborn immune system. Specific types of bovine colostrum derivatives have been shown to be GcMAF activators. Colostrum has been shown in studies to activate GcMAF in individuals with serious infections and fatigue.
High quality colostrum is obtained from grass-fed cows or goats and comes in a capsule or powder form. It does contain small amounts of dairy proteins such as casein and whey, but due to the immunoglobulin matrix it is most often well-tolerated by people who are sensitive to dairy products.
It is best to consume colostrum away from meals to allow for quicker passage through the stomach to the gut. Swallowing pills may be the easiest approach, but the most effective may be swishing the powder in your mouth. In the mouth and throat there is specific immunological lymphoid tissue which is typically rich in macrophages. You can take a colostrum powder with water and put it in your mouth for 15-20 minutes to help activate these macrophages and absorb immunoglobulins sublingually.
After 15-20 minutes, swallow the mixture. This is one of the most effective ways to boost macrophage activity and is a recommended method for individuals who suffer with immunoglobulin deficiency syndromes.
Bravo Yogurt and GcMAF
Bravo yogurt is not available in stores. The starter culture must be ordered online and prepared at home
One special type of yogurt is now being marketed for its benefits on activating GcMAF. This yogurt is called Bravo Super Probiotic Yogurt and it’s not available in grocery stores so it must be ordered online and prepared at home.
Dr. John Gray has this to say about Bravo Yogurt on his website: “Bravo Yogurt has proven to produce GcMAF in a completely natural way. This GcMAF Probiotic Bravo Yogurt Kit contains 42 essential probiotics to restore healthy gut function and digestion. These 42 strains of probiotic bacteria have proven to produce the essential protein, GcMAF.”
The typical daily recommendation goes like this: Take a half cup of the special Bravo yogurt in the morning or at the end of a fiber-rich meal. After consuming the yogurt, don’t eat or drink anything for an hour to make sure the probiotics and immunoglobulins avoid increased digestive activity and are able to get into the system.
With every spoonful it is recommended to swish it in your mouth for 30-60 seconds and then gargle it before swallowing. This helps to get the immunoglobulin compounds into the lymphoid tissue in the mouth and throat.
How to Boost Your GcMAF Levels
Healthy individuals are believed to produce approximately 10,000 cancer cells each day. GcMAF aims to destroy these cancer cells. Therefore, it is critical for you to maintain GcMAF concentration levels in your body in order to promote health and optimize the full healing capabilities your body has to offer.
Olive oil and avocados are good sources of oleic acid
Individuals taking GcMAF are encouraged to use oleic acid in the form of olive oil and avocados along with supplementing with high doses of vitamin D3. Drinking a minimum of 2 liters of water and herbal teas each day is also recommended. You should also consume a low carbohydrate, ketogenic style diet high in good fats and key proteins shown to slow the development of cancer.
If you consider yourself a relatively healthy person already, minimize your risk of developing chronic disease or cancer by choosing a healthy lifestyle.
Lifestyle Recommendations to Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
There are specific things you can do to support your body’s natural abilities to increase GcMAF production and optimize your health. Build a strong immune system by using the following recommendations as a guideline:
- Limit your sugar consumption. Physicians are increasingly becoming aware of the health threats which sugar promotes. Not only should you avoid simple sugars such as sweets, but also complex sugars which are broken down from starches and grains. Both types of sugars feed cancer cells and need to be limited in your diet (and preferably eliminated).
- Receiving adequate amounts of vitamin D3 daily is required for optimal health. One of the leading causes of autoimmune complications is vitamin D deficiency and may lead to a variety of concerns such as autism and cancer.
- Avoid soy milk which may limit the absorption of trace minerals.
- Eliminate all forms of wheat from your diet along with cancer causing agents such as lectins.
- Carrageenan is an additive found in a variety of foods which should be avoided at all costs. Carrageenan is used as a thickening agent and has also been found to block GcMAF activity. You may find it useful to think of the effects of carrageenan as similar to the nagalase enzyme which ultimately is responsible for weakening immune defenses.
- Avoid the need for a root canal and when possible, choose a tooth extraction. Root canals are associated with the destruction of the immune system.
- Avoid any substance which suppresses the immune system including cortisone, steroids, and anti-inflammatory drugs. This advice is from a specific treatment plan offered by the Immunocentre of Europe* for naturally stimulating GcMAF production. Their treatment protocol also recommends the avoidance of radiation therapy and all experimental drugs which may cause adverse health effects and unknown reactions. [*Editor’s note: since this article was written, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in Britain has closed down this company.]
- Remove all artificial sweeteners from your diet. Sugar substitutes such as aspartame suppress the immune system. Opt for plant-based sweeteners such as Stevia or Xylitol made from hardwood (not corn).
- Reduce your stress. People who have been diagnosed with cancer or a chronic disease might readily recall a recent life-changing occurrence which resulted in a severe shock to their bodies. Reducing stress levels is absolutely necessary to building a strong immune defense. Stress has the ability to puncture holes into your titanium-armored immune defenses and consequentially allows disease a chance to take hold.
- Consuming an optimal diet of organic vegetables and pastured, grass-fed meat and wild fish will help keep GcMAF levels highConsume a diet rich in fish, pastured, grass-fed meat, and a variety of vegetables to optimize nutrient intake. Diets lacking essential amino acids and trace minerals result from poor nutrition and can lead to the degradation of your health and reduced GcMAF concentration.
- Move your body. Lack of oxygen and exercise are two of the most important factors associated with the development of cancer. The circulation of oxygen and exercise does more than benefit a healthy figure. Cells rely on a steady supply of oxygen to function properly.
Exercise optimizes health by promoting factors which reduce your risk of cancer. For instance, exercise limits the flow of cortisol through your body which causes stress and anxiety. Specifically, increased cortisol levels in men are associated with a decline in testosterone levels and are a risk factor for heart complications.
- Avoiding environmental contaminants is recommended to reduce the toxicity of your immune system. Eliminate all toxic habits such as smoking which lead to carcinogenic mutations and put you at an increased risk for chronic ailments.
Are Benefits of GcMAF Purposely Being Hidden from the American Public?
GcMAF has shown incredible promise in the treatment of cancer, autism, and many other chronic diseases. Unfortunately, the FDA appears to be acting to suppress this information and terrorized one ofthe leading experts in Dr. Jeff Bradstreet. Could Dr. Bradstreet even have been killed over his use and expertise in GcMAF? Or was it really a case of suicide, likely brought on by the stress he must have endured from the threat of arrest and imprisonment for promoting an alternative treatment?
We will have to wait until all investigations are final, and of course, we may never know the truth. In the meantime, you can begin receiving some of the benefits of GcMAF therapy by using a high quality bovine colostrum supplement and vitamin D3, along with a low-carb, ketogenic style diet, and an active, healthy lifestyle.
Would you like to know ALL the ways to prevent, treat, and beat cancer? If so, you’ll love what you discover here.
- Globulin component Macrophage Activating Factor or GcMAF is an endogenous glycosylated vitamin D binding regulatory protein present within the immune system.
- GcMAF activation of macrophages is key for a healthy immune response.
- Vitamin D has essential responsibilities in the human body and helps to defend the immune system from chronic disease.
- GcMAF improves the endocannabinoid system, which helps regulate homeostatic processes.
- GcMAF has potent antitumorigenic properties, which have been shown to improve:
- A reduction in tumor receptors known to spread cancer
- The prevention of blood vessel growth needed for tumors to grow
- The ability to inhibit cancer cell growth
- Immune response from activated macrophages, lymphocyte availability, and an increased red blood cell and platelet count
- Macrophages activated by GcMAF destroy tumor cells.
- There are many ways to naturally boost GcMAF levels in the body, including:
- Using oleic acid in the form of olive oil and avocados
- Supplementing with high doses of vitamin D3
- Drinking a minimum of 2 liters of water and herbal teas each day
- Consuming a low carbohydrate diet
- The in vitro GcMAF Effects on Endocannabinoid System Transcriptionomics, Receptor Formation, and Cell Activity of Autism-derived Macrophages
- The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy
- GC Protein-derived Macrophage-activating Factor Decrease a-N-acetylgalactosamidase Levels in Advanced Cancer Patients
- A Novel Role for a Major Component of the Vitamin D Axis: Vitamin D Binding Protein-Derived Macrophage Activating Factor Induces Human Breast Cancer Cell Apoptosis through Stimulation of Macrophages
- Vitamin D Binding Protein-macrophage Activating Factor Directly Inhibits Proliferation, Migration, and uPAR Expression of Prostate Cancer Cells
- GcMAF: How GcMAF Works
- Natural Killer Cells, Miscarriage, and Infertility
- Oral Colostrum Macrophage-activating Factor for Serious Infection and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Three Case Reports.
- Norml: Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System